Services & Expertise
Newry Chamber of Commerce & Trade is the largest business-to-business organisation in the Greater Newry Area, representing in excess of 200 local businesses of varying sizes from all sectors of the business community.
We are the leading regional voice for business in the Greater Newry Area, promoting the area as a premier destination for tourism, investment, entrepreneurship, employment and as a happy, healthy place to live and work.
Through the use of revenue generation programmes, we provide our members with business support programmes to help them drive their business growth.
As a central body, we provide representation to key government and civil partners, lobbying on behalf of our members and local business issues.
We are an affiliate member of Chambers Ireland and the Northern Ireland Chamber of Commerce.
Membership of Newry Chamber of Commerce & Trade enables you to:
- Network with large multinational corporations and SME’s from across the Greater Newry Area.
- Feature on our online Members Directory which profiles your business and links to your website.
- Include your latest company news and press releases through our Members News Section.
- Promote your events, products and services through Newry Chamber’s extensive Social Media Platforms with over 12,000 followers.
- Collaborate to Deliver Specific Initiatives to Newry Chamber members and non-members in expanding your potential client base.
- Host & Attend Member Networking Events to showcase your premises and build relationships.
- Attend Events with Key Stakeholders including, information briefings, workshops and seminars.
- Participate in Consultations on a range of issues affecting your business.
- Attend Roundtable Discussions with business and political leaders.
- Contribute to Lobbying as a strong unified voice in promoting and focusing on the needs of local business at a local, regional and national level.
- Sponsorship Opportunities at Newry Chamber events for increased PR and marketing presence.
As a member of the local business community, you should be involved in an organisation that enables you to access the following services:
- Events & Networking
- Lobbying & Representation
- Business Information Seminars & Workshops
- Marketing & Promotional Initiatives
- Business Referrals
Networking is an essential aspect of business and Newry Chamber events enables its members to meet in a relaxed and informal environment. These events provide members with the opportunity to establish new contacts, build up and strengthen existing relationships as well as being kept abreast of the latest initiatives that could both benefit and affect their business.
These events include:
- Annual Golf Classic
- Brexit – The Future For Border Businesses Conference
- Greater Newry Area Business Awards
- Greater Newry Area Employee Awards
- NI Small Business Conference
- Business Breakfasts/Lunches with High Profile Guest Speakers
These high profile guest speakers have included:
- Minister of State for European Affairs, Helen McEntee TD
- Tanaiste and Minister of Foreign Affairs & Trade, Simon Coveney TD
- Former First Minister of Northern Ireland, Mr. Peter Robinson
- Former First Minister of Northern Ireland, Dr. Ian Paisley
- Former Deputy First Minister Mr. Martin McGuinness
- Former Taoiseach, Mr. Bertie Ahern
- Former President of Ireland, Mrs. Mary McAleese
- Former Governor of the Bank of England, Mr. Mervyn King
Membership of Newry Chamber of Commerce & Trade means that you are part of the largest pro-active business support organisation in the Greater Newry Area. Lobbying & Representation are important aspects of your membership. Newry Chamber lobbies locally, regionally and nationally with the Government and other authorities on issues that are of concern to its members and that of the local business community. Member’s viewpoints are sought and expressed and we ensure that your opinions and demands are recognised.
Newry Chamber has been the lead agent in the Greater Vision strategy for the Greater Newry Area. The Greater Vision is a unique ambitious integrated visionary blueprint which represents the interests of the wider population who rely on the Greater Newry Area for social, economic and cultural development. This vision’s objective is to attract visitors and investors to the region.
The Greater Vision seeks investment from central government, public sector, private sector and the European Union to roll out a series of specific projects, which will have substantial impact on the economic and social well-being of the citizens of the area. The Greater Vision has the unilateral support of all stakeholders in the Greater Newry Area from the public, private, voluntary, community sectors as well as the four main political parties.
Newry Chamber has representation in a number of organisations including:
- Chambers Ireland
- Greater Vision Partnership
- Newry BID
- Newry District Electoral Area Forum
- Newry & Mourne Labour and Education Forum
- Northern Ireland Chamber of Commerce
- Retail NI
- The All Island Brexit Dialogue Forum
- The Frictionless Border Group
We are continuously striving to provide our members with information seminars and workshops relating to the ever-pressing issues that local businesses need to be aware of, advice from industry experts on how to safeguard your business particularly with the current economic and political instability that we find ourselves in at present.
With our regions close proximity to the border and the uncertainty surrounding the final shape of the Brexit deal, we have teamed up with InterTradeIreland to set up a Brexit Advisory Service to provide local businesses with all of the crucial information they need to properly prepare, plan and act in relation to Brexit.
We are very proud of the creative, innovative business entrepreneurship in the Greater Newry Area and continually seek to work hand in hand with our members, government agencies and local authorities to drive inward investment into the region. This region is responsible for the creation of numerous success stories, with our help and assistance, could your business be the next?
We provide businesses with the opportunity to profile and promote their products and services to fellow members, the wider business community and prospective clients.
Members are included on our online directory, allowing them to provide background information on their business as well as the services and products that they provide to potential clients.
We also promote any news and events of members across our extensive social media platforms, which has over 12,000 followers as well as the opportunity to sponsor any of our numerous events, resulting in increased exposure for you brand.
Members can also avail of our email marketing tool which provides regular updates to some fellow 200+ members, regarding our own news and events as well as that of our members.
As you attend Newry Chamber events, you will have access to individuals who are in a position within their organisations to provide you with business leads.
The more you get to know them and the more that they gain trust in your business, these individuals can become an important source of referrals for you.