DEVELOP, GROW & ENHANCE YOUR POSITION IN THE MARKETPLACE.
Newry Chamber of Commerce & Trade is a voluntary organisation representing in excess of 200 local businesses of varying sizes from all sectors of the business community.
We are the leading regional voice for business in the Greater Newry Area, promoting the area as a premier destination for tourism, investment, entrepreneurship, employment and as a happy, healthy place to live and work.
Through the use of revenue generation programmes, we provide our members with business support programmes to help them drive their business growth. As a central body, we provide representation to key government and civil partners, lobbying on behalf of our members and local business issues.
Newry Chamber is an affiliate member of Chambers Ireland and the Northern Ireland Chamber of Commerce.
We provide invaluable networking opportunities to our members and we are a key stakeholder in promoting and lobbying for the economic and social development of the region.
Newry Chamber of Commerce & Trade is the largest business-to-business organisation in the Greater Newry Area.
Membership of Newry Chamber enables you to:
- Have a strong unified voice in promoting and focusing on the needs of local business
- Be up to date on issues relevant to your business
- Be part of a strong lobbying group on issues pertinent to members’ interests at a local, regional and national level
- Campaign for direct action on issues that affect your business and the economic development of the region
- Access cross-border trade through partnership with Dundalk Chamber of Commerce
- Access business advice, information and business directories
- Advertise on the Chamber website, in the Chamber monthly newsletter and event sponsorship opportunities
As a member of the local business community, you should be involved in an organisation that enables you to access the following services:
- Events & Networking
- Lobbying & Representation
- Business Information Seminars & Workshops
- Marketing & Promotional Initiatives
- Business Referrals
Networking is an essential aspect of business and Newry Chamber events enables its members to meet in a relaxed and informal environment. These events provide members with the opportunity to establish new contacts, build up and strengthen existing relationships as well as being kept abreast of the latest initiatives that could both benefit and affect their business.
These events include:
- Annual Golf Classic
- Annual Newry Business Charity Christmas Dinner
- Brexit – The Future For Border Businesses Conference
- Greater Newry Area Business Awards
- Greater Newry Area Employee Awards
- NI Small Business Conference
- Business Breakfasts/Lunches with high profile guest speakers
These high profile guest speakers have included:
- Minister of State for European Affairs, Helen McEntee TD
- Tanaiste and Minister of Foreign Affairs & Trade, Simon Coveney TD
- Former First Minister of Northern Ireland, Mr. Peter Robinson
- Former First Minister of Northern Ireland, Dr. Ian Paisley
- Former Deputy First Minister Mr. Martin McGuinness
- Former Taoiseach, Mr. Bertie Ahern
- Former President of Ireland, Mrs. Mary McAleese
- Former Governor of the Bank of England, Mr. Mervyn King
Membership of Newry Chamber of Commerce & Trade means that you are part of the largest pro-active business support organisation in the Greater Newry Area. Lobbying & Representation are important aspects of your membership. Newry Chamber lobbies locally, regionally and nationally with the Government and other authorities on issues that are of concern to its members and that of the local business community. Member’s viewpoints are sought and expressed and we ensure that your opinions and demands are recognised.
Newry Chamber has been the lead agent in the Greater Vision strategy for the Greater Newry Area. The Greater Vision is a unique ambitious integrated visionary blueprint which represents the interests of the wider population who rely on the Greater Newry Area for social, economic and cultural development. This is a vision whose objective is to attract visitors and investors to the region.
The Greater Vision seeks investment from central Government, public sector, private sector and the European Union to roll out a series of specific projects, which will have substantial impact on the economic and social well-being of the citizens of the area. The Greater Vision has the unilateral support of all stakeholders in Greater Newry from the public, private, voluntary, community sectors as well as the four main political parties.
Newry Chamber is represented in a number of organisations including:
- Chambers Ireland
- Greater Vision Partnership
- Newry BID
- Newry District Electoral Area Forum
- Newry & Mourne Labour and Education Forum
- Northern Ireland Chamber of Commerce
- Retail NI
- The All Island Brexit Dialogue Forum
- The Frictionless Border Group
We are continuously striving to provide our members with information seminars and workshops relating to the ever-pressing issues that local businesses need to be aware of, advice from industry experts on how to safeguard your business particularly with the current economic and political instability that we find ourselves in at present.
With our regions close proximity to the border and the uncertainty surrounding the final shape of the Brexit deal, we have teamed up with InterTradeIreland to set up a Brexit Advisory Service to provide local businesses with all of the crucial information they need to properly prepare, plan and act in relation to Brexit.
We are very proud of the creative, innovative business entrepreneurship in the Greater Newry Area and continually seek to work hand in hand with our members, government agencies and local authorities to drive inward investment into the region. This region is responsible for the creation of numerous success stories, with our help and assistance, could your business be the next?
We provide businesses with the opportunity to profile and promote their products and services to fellow members, the wider business community and prospective clients. We are currently in the process of creating a business magazine that will offer local businesses the chance to get themselves out there to a wider consumer market with the opportunity to advertise within the magazine which will include the latest news and upcoming events from our members.
Members are included on our online directory, allowing them to provide background information on their business as well as the services and products that they provide to potential clients. We can also promote any news and events of importance to your business across our extensive social media platforms as well as the opportunity to sponsor any of our numerous events, resulting in increased exposure for you brand.
As you attend Newry Chamber events, you will have access to individuals who are in a position within their organisations to provide you with business leads. The more you get to know them and the more that they gain trust in your business, these individuals can become an important source of referrals for you.