The presence of a secure Emergency Department at Daisy Hill Hospital is vital to the wellbeing of all our employees across all the business sectors. Thus, following a meeting with Officials from the Southern Trust, the Chamber Executive has unanimously agreed that Newry Chamber of Commerce should pledge its assistance in the recruitment efforts of Emergency Department Consultants to Daisy Hill Hospital. We recognise that both short-term and long term measures are needed and through our newly formed Daisy Hill Sub-group, we have formulated a 3 point plan which is outlined below;
1. SHORT-TERM EXECUTION OF A MARKETING CAMPAIGN TO ATTRACT ED CONSULTANTS TO WORK IN NEWRY
- A copy of the job description can be downloaded here and a copy of the prospectus can be downloaded here and disseminated through wider business contacts using your own marketing channels and Diaspora contacts
- #workinnewry to be used for twitter campaign to ensure consistency of message
- A short 90 second promotional video will be produced to supplement marketing efforts – this will be made available by end of May
2. RELOCATION PACKAGE
Chamber members are asked to consider if any of the products and/or services that they supply would complement an attractive relocation package. A list of benefits will be pooled into a relocation package and will also supplement the recruitment drive. Please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st May with ideas or suggestions.
3. PREPARATION OF PLAN FOR A MASTER HOSPITAL & CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE
A small sub group has been established to consider the longer-term aspirations of what is required to service a growing and ageing population and the cross border demand for health provision. In doing so, this group will consider the policy and lobbying pathways that are required as well as delivery of visual concepts and costings.